<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Pm Basecamp Forum - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://pmbasecamp.com/community/</link>
            <description>Pm Basecamp Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 23:36:18 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>How you navigated competing priorities?</title>
                        <link>https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/how-you-navigated-competing-priorities/#post-4</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 17:37:05 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Navigating competing priorities starts with clarity—on

Business impact
Stakeholder expectations
Regulatory requirement
Delivery timelines.

I use a structured prioritization framewor...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Navigating competing priorities starts with <strong>clarity</strong>—on</p>
<ol>
<li>Business impact</li>
<li>Stakeholder expectations</li>
<li>Regulatory requirement</li>
<li>Delivery timelines.</li>
</ol>
<p>I use a <strong>structured prioritization framework</strong> that weighs</p>
<ol>
<li>Urgency</li>
<li>Strategic value</li>
<li>Resource availability</li>
</ol>
<p>.</p>
<p><strong>Sample Answer</strong> <strong>-</strong></p>
<p>In one program, I had to balance a critical vendor onboarding with a parallel cloud migration. Both had executive visibility, but different timelines and risk profiles. I facilitated a cross-functional prioritization workshop, mapped dependencies, and created a phased delivery roadmap.<br />I also maintained transparent communication with stakeholders—using weekly dashboards and steering committee updates to manage expectations. By aligning on outcomes and sequencing deliverables, we avoided resource conflicts and hit both milestones without compromising quality.<br />For me, it’s not just about juggling tasks—it’s about orchestrating outcomes.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://pmbasecamp.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Nikhil</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/how-you-navigated-competing-priorities/#post-4</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do you built alignment and trust within your team &amp; vendors?</title>
                        <link>https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/how-do-you-built-alignment-and-trust-within-your-team-vendors/#post-3</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 17:36:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Alignment and trust are built through clarity, consistency, Co-creation and transparency.
.
I start by deeply understanding stakeholder goals—whether it&#039;s business outcomes, technical cons...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Alignment and trust are built through <strong>clarity</strong>, <strong>consistency</strong>, <strong>Co-creation</strong> and <strong>transparency</strong>.</p>
<p>.</p>
<p>I start by deeply understanding <strong>stakeholder goals</strong>—whether it's <strong>business outcomes</strong>, <strong>technical constraints</strong>, or <strong>brand vision</strong>.</p>
<p>.</p>
<p>Sample Answer -<br />In one multi-project governance rollout, I had to align <strong>cross-functional teams</strong> with <strong>conflicting priorities</strong>.</p>
<p>I created a shared roadmap that v<strong>isualized dependencies</strong>, <strong>risks</strong>, and <strong>delivery phases</strong>.</p>
<p>But more importantly, I invited stakeholders into the process—<strong>co-designing frameworks</strong>, setting rituals like <strong>weekly syncs</strong>, and <strong>ensuring every voice was heard</strong>.</p>
<p>I also maintained transparency through dashboards and open forums, where progress and blockers were discussed candidly. Over time, this built trust—not just in the process, but in me as a partner who listens, adapts, and delivers.<br />Alignment isn’t a one-time event—it’s a rhythm. And trust is earned through every interaction.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://pmbasecamp.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Nikhil</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/how-do-you-built-alignment-and-trust-within-your-team-vendors/#post-3</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do you kept the project moving forward despite roadblocks?</title>
                        <link>https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/how-do-you-kept-the-project-moving-forward-despite-roadblocks/#post-2</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 17:35:19 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[When roadblocks hit, I start by diagnosing the root cause: whether it is

Resource bottlenecks
Misaligned stakeholders
Technical constraints

Sample Answer - In one digital migration p...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>When roadblocks hit, I start by diagnosing the <strong>root cause:</strong> whether it is</p>
<ol>
<li>Resource bottlenecks</li>
<li>Misaligned stakeholders</li>
<li>Technical constraints</li>
</ol>
<p>Sample Answer - <br />In one digital migration project, a key vendor missed a milestone due to integration issues. Rather than escalate prematurely, I convened a rapid triage session with both internal and external teams.</p>
<p>We re-mapped the dependencies, created a workaround using interim APIs, and adjusted the delivery sequence to keep downstream tasks on track.<br />I also kept leadership informed through impact dashboards and scenario planning, so decisions could be made with clarity.</p>
<p>The project didn’t just survive the roadblock—it gained trust and agility.</p>
<p><strong>My approach is always</strong>:</p>
<ol>
<li>Stabilize,</li>
<li>Re-sequence</li>
<li>Communicate</li>
<li>Deliver.</li>
</ol>
<p>Because progress isn’t linear—it’s adaptive.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://pmbasecamp.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Nikhil</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/how-do-you-kept-the-project-moving-forward-despite-roadblocks/#post-2</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>What is a normal day of a Scrum Master?</title>
                        <link>https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/what-is-a-normal-day-of-a-scrum-master/#post-1</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 17:29:14 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Here is a more or less exact transcript of a day in life of me as a ScrumMaster: - Angela Druckman

8:30am - daily Scrum. Learn that Arjun is blocked because he has not yet heard from Cust...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p class="q-text qu-display--block qu-wordBreak--break-word qu-textAlign--start"><span>Here is a more or less exact transcript of a day in life of me as a ScrumMaster: - <strong>Angela Druckman</strong></span></p>
<ul class="q-box">
<li class="q-relative"><span>8:30am - daily Scrum. Learn that Arjun is blocked because he has not yet heard from Customer Service as to who, exactly, will be doing UAT for us on the current project. Promise I will follow up on this</span></li>
<li class="q-relative"><span>8:40am - hear that Josh is yet again “working on” story #1. Wonder if he is blocked…but he says no. Resolve to follow up later if this if it seem he needs help and is just unwilling/ unable to ask for it</span></li>
<li class="q-relative"><span>10AM - Tiana comes to me. A manager in Finance has been coming to her directly “because we are friends” to get work done on the side. She knows this will threaten the sprint commitment but she “doesn’t want him to be mad”…I intervene and smooth things over with the manager</span></li>
<li class="q-relative"><span>1pm - the VP of Customer Service calls me in a semi-rage wanting to know why the application we promised has not yet been delivered. “You people need to step it up!” he admonishes. After which we discuss the lack of UAT people…he resolves to get the right people in touch with me asap. I hope for the best…</span></li>
<li class="q-relative"><span>3:30pm - Senior VP calls and says our org has been gaining a bit of attention for our dedication to agile principles and Scrum. He says a “news organization” wants to come onsite tomorrow and could we please be ready for “a few photos and questions.” Hastily message the team to not wear pitted-out Nirvana t-shirts to work tomorrow and to be ready for questions about how and why we work the way we do.</span></li>
</ul>
<p>Scrum Master in India - <strong>Mridula Rao</strong> </p>
<ul>
<li class="q-text qu-display--block qu-wordBreak--break-word qu-textAlign--start"><span>I am a Scrum Master in India office working as part of a distributed scrum team (Spread across in the US, Dublin, and India office). All my scrum ceremonies happen in the evening of India time. My day typically starts in the morning with checking my emails that need my attention. These can be any follow up item from my Product owner, any blocker called out by my team member, any reports required for the stakeholders, etc.</span></li>
<li class="q-text qu-display--block qu-wordBreak--break-word qu-textAlign--start"><span>Once I am in the office, (typically mid noon) I first open the sprint board to see the progress on the tickets in the current sprint. Check the burndown chart, give the team a reminder in case there are any work logs that are missing. I ensure that I spend some time with each team member in co-location just to check on how he/she is doing. It is important for me as a scrum master to get the pulse of the team and guard them against any distractions.</span></li>
<li class="q-text qu-display--block qu-wordBreak--break-word qu-textAlign--start"><span>We follow two weeks sprint in this project. I am the SM for two of the agile teams. Depending on which day of the week it is, I prepare for the scrum ceremony in the afternoon. So for Backlog grooming or planning, I ensure that the agenda is clearly stated to the team so that the team can come prepared for the ceremony. We do development work in two platforms so ensuring that all the designs, people who must be part of the ceremony are attending, ensuring the material needed for the ceremony is in place and the call happens smoothly as per the agenda.</span></li>
<li class="q-text qu-display--block qu-wordBreak--break-word qu-textAlign--start"><span>On the day I have retrospective for any of the team which by the way is my favourite ceremony in the scrum, I spend extra time browsing expert materials and look for online content to make it interesting. I like to include gamification in retro. This is a challenge for me since the team is distributed therefore I research for tools that help in facilitating this smoothly. I ensure that I have a good look at action items from the previous sprint and have a plan for open items in the current retro.</span></li>
<li class="q-text qu-display--block qu-wordBreak--break-word qu-textAlign--start"><span>Apart from the above, connect with other SM's in the organisation for knowledge sharing. Coach and mentor team who are in the transformation stage. Plan for monthly team building activities. Ad-hoc interviews to grow the community.</span></li>
</ul>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>Read more</strong> - <a class="wpforo-auto-embeded-link" href="https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-normal-day-of-a-scrum-master?no_redirect=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener">https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-normal-day-of-a-scrum-master?no_redirect=1</a></p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://pmbasecamp.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Nikhil</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://pmbasecamp.com/community/main-forum/what-is-a-normal-day-of-a-scrum-master/#post-1</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		